The Quilting Kunsi!

Welcome to my blog...it'll get more interesting as I learn a lot more about it...promise! ;)

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Caroles surgery went well!

It's been a very long day at the hospital for my poor hubby and most of his siblings and parents. My mother in law had a very serious back/spinal surgery today that luckily went very well and the surgeon said it wasn't nearly as invasive as he thought it could be...meaning that they did not have to fuse my MIL's spine. Her recovery time will be a lot shorter and it was the best prognosis anyone could hope for.

My dear hubby has been very fortunate and has not had to deal w/very much of this type of stuff, unlike myself who's very familiar to everything related to the hospital and medical field. He was a nervous wreck and so was his father but they're all doing a lot better now. I bought oj and donuts and I made them all a big lunch and enough snacks for an army and everyone appreciated it a lot. I informed them that that's how my Mom and I always did it and she'd expect me to do it for them, my husbands family because he was SOOOOO awesome when she was sick.

My husband is sooooo awesome and has always been my rock...felt good to be able to be there for him for a change and I know that he appreciated it a lot! Where would I be w/out my rock? It's a scary thought.....

No comments: